Thursday, January 22, 2009

Train Theory...by the guest blogger


This picture was taken three hours before the "train enlightenment". All smiles going to the fifth largest train station in Japan. I was going to see friends three stops from my stop, eat, and go to a multi-layered heaven.....the largest, coolest electronics store I have ever been in. It was large and it was very cool. Now it was time to go home. I was separated from my hotel buddy’s. Did I happen to mention I only know a little bit of Japanese? Food names! The Next picture is of people strolling through the train station, at a high rate of speed.My theory is when Godzilla was a little zilla, he got lost in a similar train station, and got very mad, very very mad. Then got big and wanted to Destroy Japan. Me, on the other hand did find my way home. After maybe about two hours. Luckily, I didn't get on any of the trains going to say, China. Rule number one from yesterday's classes on riding trains to and from work, trains up and subways down. I kept ending up on the "up platforms" Till I recognized some of the chicken scratch that was for my Subway. Japan is pretty awesome even when your lost.

10 comments:

Nancy said...

very cool Scotto...did you get seperated when you got off and were in the crowd? And were your riding the subway or a train in the first picture?

Miss. M wants to know where all the crazy dressed Japanese are?

Beanball said...

Yeah, where are all of those beautiful Geisha girls?

Japan is an island, no? How could you possibly take a train to say, China?!?! Fun blog! Keep the pictures coming!

micaela jean said...

LOL, Dad you are so funny! I want to see some funky Japanese fashion1 :)

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you made it safely - we are looking forward to more posts!

The Santos Family

MissNonaEleanor said...

LOL, you have such a blogging voice! You seriously need to make your own blog!

I'm with Miss M on wanting to see some cool Japaneese fashions!

~Nona

Ryan said...

I'm impressed that you made it back to your hotel......I'd probably still be riding the Subway up and down the tunnel. Watch out for the Hello Kitty Virus, seems like most of the Japanese people I see around here are badly infected....

Anonymous said...

This was on a subway! The people that are wearing the masks are either sick or don't want the sickness.

Nancy said...

I told you to pack your mask! Don't bring the bird flu home....:o)

Anonymous said...

I think it's cool you have such a great attitude about being lost. That's one trip Greg isn't looking forward to. Maybe when he has to go, they can make you go with him. And you can show him around. :)

Anonymous said...

I bet you weren't so happy while you were lost...eh Scotto? I am glad you are safe and hope you remain that way! Now, don't you go taking any "Slow boats to China!"

Love the Mother-in-law person