
Let's
pretend that we are snowed in and there is nothing to do but make these quick, easy and fun bows. Just in time for
gift giving.

You'll need some old
magazines, Miss. M used Martha Stewart and Trans World Snowboarding, a ruler, scissors, pencil, some
brads, and something sharp to poke a hole with.

Choose a
pretty or
interesting page from your magazine. Remove from mag and measure in 1 in. intervals.
Cut into strips.

With one strip make a small loop, poke a hole in the
back and insert the brad. Then cut the tail off of the loop.

Next, take another strip and make a
loop on one end of it.

Then,
fold the other end into a loop so that you have loops on both ends.

Now,
poke a hole in the center of the strip and place on the back of the center loop, keeping the brad open.

Continue
in this manner until you have a nice and full bow. You will use about 9 strips. Now, you may close the brad.

Finally, be
amazed with your awesome handiwork. And think of the
money you saved on a bag of bows. And if this wasn't as clear as mud then check out this
link.
7 comments:
Awesome! I should have kept some of those magazines I finally through out this fall! Nice job! Thanks for sharing.
Someone linked your blog because you had recipes from Hawai'i. I haven't found the recipes yet, but I'm finding all sorts of interesting things here. I'm going to try making bows from your tutorial. I noticed you have a Miss M - as I do! My Miss M is five years old
Beautiful bows. You saved money....and these bows are much prettier than the ones you see in the store. Lovely!
So fun! I made these bows last night while we watched a movie...pretty easy once you figure it out, and they look great! I'm thinking it would be fun to make them out of Christmas wrapping paper too...
Tim's Mom...welcome and thanks for stopping by. You'll find the Hawaiian recipes and many others in the label, Recipe Box to the right.
My Miss. M is thirteen...she's a good friend and a wonderful helper.:o)
I found the recipes - and the Coconut Butter Mochi caught my eye, I'll definitely be trying that one!
YOu make it look so easy. Is it really that easy?
Got to try this! :-)
Post a Comment