Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Watergate Cake with Cover Up Frosting

Here is a 1970's cake popular when the Watergate scandal was taking place. And because I'm feeling feisty and I hate election night and because I know there will be all kinds of "scandals" in the news for the next few days, I thought I'd share. Let's all make Watergate Cake and eat it tonight so that in some small way we are united as Americans. Okay?

Watergate Cake:
1 box yellow cake mix
1 box instant pistachio pudding mix (3.5-oz)
3 eggs
1 cup oil
1 cup 7 Up, room temperature
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped

In large bowl, mix together cake mix, pudding , eggs, and oil. Add 7 Up and mix for 1 min. Add chocolate chips. Grease and flour bundt pan. Put walnuts into pan, then pour batter over nuts. Bake at 350 for 40-50 min.

Cover Up Frosting:
2 envelopes nondairy whipped topping mix ( I used real whipping cream)
1 package instant pistachio pudding mix
1 1/2 cups milk

Whip all ingredients in bowl until smooth and thick. Spread over cake. Give thanks and pray for our leaders...Democrat or Republican...local, state and federal. :o)

P.S. This recipe comes from a little cookbook called Hawaii's Best Local Desserts.

No comments: