Monday, November 3, 2008
A Civics Lesson....and Some Favorite Quotes
Remember these videos from the 1970's? I grew up watching these as part of my Saturday morning cartoon watchin' ritual.
As you may well remember, I read a book recently called, Give Me Liberty, the Uncompromising Statesmanship of Patrick Henry and I'd just like to share a few quotes from it:
Providence
"The American Revolution was the grand operation, which seemed to be assigned by the Deity to the men of this age in our country, over and above the common duties of life. I ever prized at a high rate the superior privilege of being one in that chosen age, to which providence entrusted it's favorite work." ~Patrick Henry
Adversity
"Adversity toughens manhood and the characteristic of the good or the great man is not that he has been exempt from the evils of life, but that he has surmounted them." ~Patrick Henry
Vigilance
"But sir, suspicion is a virtue, as long as its object is the preservation of the public good and as long as it stays within proper bounds...Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel." ~Patrick Henry
His Parents
"This calls my attention back to the many precious lessons given to me by our honored parents, whose lives were, a constant lesson and worthy of imitation." ~Patrick Henry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
thanks for the flashback, and for sharing the quotes.
sewing sounds fun, let me know a time that works for you. Ü
to bad we couldn't get together tonight...Nov.4..I'm gonna start some sewing tonight so that I don't have to watch the election coverage.
Maybe this Saturday? I think we will be driving to Aberdeen to visit Scott's gramma Fran...she's in a nursing home.
Post a Comment