Sunday, September 7, 2008

This Little Piggy Went to the Market...the Farmer's Market















That is one big pile o' carrots.

I loved the displays with the rainbow chard and rainbow carrots. I brought home smoked meat for my hubby (a hot dog called the "gut bomb") and landjager (Bavarian sausage) for the kids. I picked up a new parsley plant for a buck, planted it in an old enamel pot and set it on my pack porch. I also bought a dried bean mix to plant in my garden next spring. Last, but not least, I purchased three zucchinis! So I could make the best zucchini bread I have ever eaten.

Butterscotch Zucchini Bread:
3 eggs
1 cup oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups sugar
2 cups grated zucchini
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 package (3.4-ounce size) butterscotch pudding mix
1/2 cup butterscotch chips, divided

Directions:
Mix bread ingredients. Pour into 2 greased, floured, wax paper lined pans. Sprinkle half of the butterscotch chips over each loaf of unbaked bread. Bake 1 hour at 350ºF degrees.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was sooo goood. It was like a hot link but better. My gut has had worse...like Outbacks bloomin onion and kookaburra wings. That's a volitile mixture......everytime.

Thanks for the zucc bread...it's so good I want to srtip off all my clothes and run through the neighbor hood.

Anonymous said...

You must have gotten some nice rain. All there is here is sunshine...all day...everyday. No break. I miss the rain. :( A few more months.

PS. I'm not sure you should give Scott anymore of that zucc bread.

Anonymous said...

Those flowers are bueatiful. Make me wih I had more growing but then that would just be more watering!

Remember what Miss M called a bikini....a zut kini.

Looks like you had a fun day. Where was the market?

Anonymous said...

ahhh man girl...makes me wish I was your neighbor so I could come over and nibble on a piece of that delish bread, or two...or three. I could even eat Scott's portion and save him a trip to the jail cell!