
You just know it's going to be a beautiful day when you can sit
outside and enjoy your morning coffee. Folks, that just doesn't happen often enough here in the Northwest. It was wonderful to sit and enjoy the warmth as I thought about all that needed to be accomplished today. Things like:
1. Drop Miss. M off in Poulsbo at art camp
2. Shop at Central Market - one of the coolest stores ever
3. Shop at Costco - need t.p. I just
hate to run out of t.p.
4. Water the garden
5. Take something out for dinner

And while I was enjoying my coffee on my new used Adirondack chairs, a mother deer and her two youngsters meandered into my yard. I was still holding a grudge from their last visit. Remember? They picked my strawberries but didn't bother to pay. But how could I stay mad at a pretty little creature like that? The little deer still had it's spots. And check out those eye lashes.

I plan to paint my new outdoor furniture...I'm thinking something really bright and bold. Like hot pink or lime green. Scott wants to use a stain. I know that a stain won't chip or peel like paint eventually will. What do y'all think?

Here is the stain we bought, but it is just so plain. And boring. I want color I tell ya! I love color. I need color. Well, I'll think about it some more later...I'm going to finish enjoying this beautiful morning before things heat up around here and it gets to busy.
7 comments:
the red is beatiful...I just love it, up against those baby deer eye lashes...I'm still hold a grudge over my Blueberry buffet line...rrrrrr
the red is very nice... what ever you choose will end up looking splendid... always does!
They have color stain; I think I've seen it in lime green too! *grins*
~Nona
Just wanted to stop and comment that I found your blog through someone, somewhere, sometime and I have been enjoying it ever since.
My vote is stain with some splashy colored cushions that can come in and out of the weather.
I have seen the colored stain too and am contemplating it for my front deck....I think we may go with green.
Okay, so I really like the two ideas so I'm no help at all.
I always enjoy my visits to your blog....words and music too.
Barb-Harmony Art Mom
Thank you Barb...I'm so glad that you have left me a comment...and such a nice one too! :o)
I think we "met" through your nature blog.
The deer was awsome! What a excellant picture. You asked a few days ago what we were most proud of and I wanted you to know that I am most proud of you. You are a totally awsome mom, teacher, travel guide, and the list goes on. I am proud of you and Scott and your family. And I am proud of your brother as well and all of his sucesses. I AM blessed! Mom
My opinion? I really like the stain. Let us all know what you decided. I loved the picture of the deer. What a lovely moment. Everytime I see a deer I always think of Psalm 42:1.
Post a Comment