Thursday, July 24, 2008

Mud Pies and Other Recipes

"This is a cookbook for dolls. It is written for kind climates and summertime. It is an outdoor cookbook, because dolls dote on mud, when properly prepared. They love the crunch of pine needles and the sweet feel of seaweed on the tongue. The market place, then, will be a forest or a sand dune or our own back yard." ~Marjorie Winslow, Mud Pies and Other Recipes, A Cookbook for Dolls


You've met Maria before. She is Olivia's best doll friend. Livi loves Maria. I love that she loves Maria. Maria is holding the Cookbook for Dolls. Maria is a great help in the outdoor kitchen.
Livi has prepared the Pine Needle Upside-Down cake, but substituted calendula for the pine needles and added some huckleberries to boot. I love her creativity.
Now, dosen't that look lovely? So pretty there baking in the sun. I left Miss.Livi as she was making Fried Water for her and Maria's luncheon.

Summer Luncheon Menu:
Daisy Dip
Marigold Madness
Dandelion Souffle
Tossed Leaves
Putty Fours
Iced Rainspout Tea

Stuffed Sea Shells:
Scoop up a shovelful of sand that has been licked by a wave. Pack this into the tiniest sea shells you can find. Sprinkle these with a pinch of sparkling sand and serve. ~from the Cookbook for Dolls

P.S. See the matching aprons? Those were a Christmas gift to Livi and Maria from moi.

P.S.S. The Cookbook for Dolls belongs to Miss. M. It is splatterd and splotched from many a batch of Boiled Button soup and Pine Needle Upside-Down cake. Ü

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet miss livie will be quite the cook when she is a grown woman... as she is now I'm sure... did Rosie seem to like her cake?

Anonymous said...

She is so cute. Looks yummy! I would have liked to see a picture of you guys trying the delicious meal.

Anonymous said...

Yum Yum Miss Livie...You are such a girlie girl....just like Nana!!!