
Caramel Apple Pie:
1 pie crust
6 to 7 cups peeled and sliced Granny Smith apples
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 cup sugar
4 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 sticks butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup quick oats
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup pecans
1/2 jar (or more) caramel topping
Mix peeled apples, lemon juice, sugar, flour, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
Cut the butter into the flour, then add in brown sugar, oats, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Add apples to prepared pie shell and top with crumb topping. Cover crust edges with aluminum foil and bake in a 375-degree oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil from crust and place back into the oven for another 30 minutes. Chop pecans, and when five minutes remain, sprinkle them over the pie. Finish baking.
Remove pie from oven and pour 1/2 jar or more...I like more...of the caramel all over the top of the pie. Serve with vanilla ice cream. Enjoy....




4 comments:
yum, now that looks like some gooey goodness that I'm just going to have to try my hand at making!
my dear, you have already! It's one of Ree's recipes. :o)
By golly, you're right! I guess I was just stingey with the carmel sauce, mine didn't look like that. It is a delicious pie, that is for absolute sure!
more caramel the better!
Post a Comment