Yes! it's finally Friday. It has been a busy week filled with visits from friends wanting to spend sometime with us before we leave (thank you Laura and Sarah), basketball practice and a game for Miss. M, O'dog's wrestling match and practices, sewing projects, yard work, house cleaning (had to scrub the showers!) and shopping. Not to mention the usual stuff (home school and cooking).
Yesterday I went to the store to buy just enough food to get us to Tuesday. I spent $115.00 and that included tons of cleaning supplies, two large bags of dog food for the corgis plus lots of fruits and veggies. Not bad for a weeks worth food. I read in a book once or maybe it was a homemaking blog, that to save money at the store and to eat better, shop the perimeter of the store, avoiding the center isles where the more expensive and least healthful, prepacked, convenience foods are found. And of course never, never, ever shop while hungry!
P.S. I have a confession to make. Please don't judge me, but we did stop at McDonalds on our way home from the basketball game. I'm sorry, but we were hungry man!
Friday, February 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
So how's the cleaning? Have you cleaned that microwave yet? Just checking.
Ü
Post a Comment