Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Would you like to meet our new neighbors?

Mr. and Mrs. Chickadee have moved into the empty house located in the garden. Come on out Mrs. Chickadee, my friends want to say hello.

Thank you, Chicka Dee, I know you're really busy setting up house. I've heard you tap, tap, tapping while I have been pulling weeds. Are you hanging pictures in there?

The old place has sat empty since last spring. It's a spacious two-story home, perfect for raising a large family.

It has a lovely view of the garden too. Care to give us a tour Mrs.Chickadee?

"Chickadee dee dee", she said. That means that she'd be delighted to.

"Here we have some lovely blue muscari or grape hyacinth.

This is a veiw of the lasagna garden, as seen through the peach tree, nearly ready for planting.

Here is our bird bath.

These are peach blossoms belonging to a curious little boy. He listens to me as I work, and Mr. Chickadee scolds him. Mr. Chickadee is very protective of me and our home. He is a good man.

Pansies. And soon there will be daliahs, sweetpeas, and sunflowers growing outside our door. Mr. Chickadee and I are very happy here."

Thank you dear bird friend, for giving us a tour. I won't keep you any longer. Please, go back to feathering your nest.

8 comments:

micaela jean said...

cute post, mom! :)

Beanball said...

What a fun post! Great shots of the bird! You are so clever.........

Ryan said...

That's a sweet birdhouse!

Anonymous said...

Lovely neighbors, indeed!
And please keep us posted on the progress of your lasagna garden.

Barb said...

Absolutely adorable little chickadee. Love your post.

Barb-Harmony Art Mom

Nancy said...

Hey Ryan, that bird house was a birthday present a few years ago from a family friend. I have another similar to it in the back yard...wish I had a couple more!

lauraelizabeth4@outlook.com said...

If I was a chickadee that is JUST the kind of neighborhood I would want to live in. We have a little chickadee family that moved into an old nest hidden in the eaves of our car port - certainly not the mansion your bird friends have. We put out seed for them every morning though - so I'm sure they are happy - cute post.

nana said...

Moat excellant tour Mrs. Chickadee!
Thank-you very much and hope to see you again sometime. tweet-tweet

PS Sir O Doggie, you peach tree is looking rather nice. keep up the good work...