Thursday, April 16, 2009

....but the hen delivers the goods



My latest w.i.p. (work in progress) Ha! So true, eh? I can't wait until my little hens start delivering the goods...fresh eggs and manure for my garden.

I need your help designing a chicken coop....it must be practical, safe, convenient to clean and gather eggs from, and above all, attractive. Any hints, tips or plans you can share?

8 comments:

Beanball said...

Those are so cute! You are a busy little beaver of a homemaker :-)

Our neighbors next to us have a very attractive, practical little chicken coop that they keep 4 hens in. Too bad we didn't go see it while you were here, esp. has I am watching thier animals while they are gone right now!

Nancy said...

You could take a picture of it for me...:O)

Ryan said...

Let me know when you build it...I can come over and help with the construction. I bet Little Scott would come too. I can guarantee we'd have lots of ideas on how to make it more challenging and expensive to build....oh man, it would be the sweetest chicken coop ever...

Nancy said...

Alright! You're on dude!

Anonymous said...

When do those chicken start delivering the goods? I think you should get a cow or a goat. :)

Nancy said...

Sarah, it takes about 5 months!

Scott said...

I am thinking of nine way to send your coop over budget right now...and that's just right off the top of my head.

Scotto the Rooster said...

I know one Rooster that delivers.