Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Merry Little Sunday to You

We awoke this morning to a good three inches of snow....and it continues to fall. These sweet tete-a-tete daffodillies do not seem to mind the snowy blanket.



And the lilac buds are wearing snowy white stocking caps.

Soon. Soon they'll be in bloom. God is faithful like that.

And aren't these pretty lilac colors? Since we won't be traveling to church today, I'm going to begin a new apron. This one is for my dear, sweet, granny Vivian Irene. She adores purple.

Here too are some lavender sachets for the linen closet. I plan to begin my spring cleaning soon. Snow or otherwise.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Granny will love the colors...they are so pretty together. We also have snow...alot of snow...I am staying in as well! Ü

Anonymous said...

Only a few flakes of snow over here....but I realized that one year ago (3/15/08) we were all cruising around Hawaii in those dune buggies with stomaches full of bannana pancakes and sunburnt noses....

Beth said...

Oooh, I love the purple! And I too am faithfully waiting for the day those lilacs will actually bloom!

Nancy said...

Good times, good times....cruising the island, picnicing and swimming, breaking down and sitting in the parking lot....good times.