Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Gourmet Cooking with Nacho...

Yokosuka claims to be the place of origin of the quintessentially Japanese dish curry rice, and it seems everywhere you turn there's a sign for "Navy curry" (海軍カレー kaigun karee). It's not idle boasting, though, as the dish is believed to have been introduced in the late 19th century by British sailors who regularly ate the easily-preserved meal.
from Wikitravel site.
I ask for "Ichiban" curry(the best, number one). I got this one!
Drop the little buggers in some hot Water....bam you got Grinds!
Grinds Def.: food, delicious food, stuff for growling stomach.

5 minutes later...chopsticks are at the ready.
chopsticks: Hashi

it has everything in it, potatoes,carrots, and the meat....good for two dudes that like to eat
right now, not "let's bring this to a boil, then throw some more stuff,
then simmer it for 3 days"...nope not for us.
How does nacho fit that in that little mouth hole?....only corn fit in there!
(you got to be Nacho fan to understand)








5 comments:

Nancy said...

Who wears the blue rubber gloves while doing the dishes...you or Steve?

Looks good, Scott.

Beanball said...

yum......

Anonymous said...

I was struck by the same question as your wife.....except I didn't know you had a roomie and I assumed the gloves were yours, Scott. The curry looks good!

Anonymous said...

Yummy! You should bring some of that goodness home!

nana said...

I can not believe you are the father of my grandchildren!!! Yes I can...you are crazy!!

Glad you are having fun and I do enjoy your blogs! You funny Nacho!

Mother-in-law, love Nacho