Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy Birthday to Postcards!


Well, yesterday was Postcards from Paradise' first birthday. I was so busy with this and that, that I was unable to send out a birthday postcard.

Do any of you have a favorite postcard? One that made you laugh, cry, or want to run away from here and never come back? One that may have inspired or encouraged. One that might have ticked you off. Or how about the few that may have left you confused and scratching your head? Well, if you have a favorite postcard leave me a note in the comments box and you maybe the winner of a *fabulous* new apron, sewn by moi. Second prize winner will receive a set of two peppermint colored (red, pink, and white variegated) hand knit dishcloths!

Thank you for all your encouragement and making it worth while!
Love ya all,
Nancy

13 comments:

lauraelizabeth4@outlook.com said...

Hi Kauahis! Happy Birthday! We have enjoyed Postcards so much. The kids have enjoyed seeing the kids of course - climbing trees, surfing, etc. We love the guest posts from Japan - and being exposed to some very fun and cool music...but my favorite was when you discovered the avocado tree in your back yard in Hawaii. I have been dreaming of my own avocado tree ever since. :)

micaela jean said...

Hmmmmm.... I think my favorite postcard is Back to Lanikai! :) Hope I win!

MissNonaEleanor said...

Hmmm...I think my favorite postcard is one you did in september when ya'll went down and picked apples. "September is for Apples".

Anonymous said...

I have so many favorites, but right off the top of my head is when you went on a bear hunt in my yard! And thought you fod one!

Happy Birthday Postcards!!

Barb said...

I think the very first entry I read last year was what hooked me to your blog....what an adventure.

http://kauahifamilyinhawaii.blogspot.com/2008/04/school-days.html

I loved seeing all the places that we had visited just a few months before when we stayed for an extended time in Makaha at a friend's house.

I'm still here and I enjoy reading your blog. You make me smile.

Thanks for a great year.
Barb-Harmony Art Mom

Beth said...

I loved your New Years Eve post...a picture of lilac buds and some of your thoughts/resolutions for the coming year.

(PS) Please forgive my husband's cruel joke...I'm sorry!

Anonymous said...

There are so many that I have enjoyed. I've loved the recipes, the book recommendations, the snow clips, but I think my favorite would have to be the black and white clip on Healthy Eating Habits. Because it wasn't just my favorite...Greg liked it too. We still talk about it. :) Happy Anniversary. Keep up the wonderful blog.

Lynn said...

Happy Birthday!
I have to say that I love all the snowy postcards.
We live in the South West of England and thick snow is a rarity, but something that my girls pine for!

Anonymous said...

I think my favorite blogs are the ones where we eat what you prepared for the Blog. Good Job, your the best looking blogger I know! Happy Birthday!

dannie1978 said...

Dear Cyberfriend,
Could you please send me an uplifting passage... I am having a rotten lack of jobs Monday... I am getting discouraged and need some "invisible" support. I have prayed and know that in its own time things will work out, but I could really use some back up in the form of a great passage...

God Bless,
Dannielle in Ohio

Nancy said...

Goodmorning Dannie! It is a privilage to encourage you in the word...."Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord."...Colossians 3:16

Two passages that immediatly come to mind are I Peter 5:6-11 especially vs 7 where it says..."casting all your cares upon Him, for he cares for YOU." and look at II Timothy 1:7...this is a powerful verse and it has radically changed my life. It says "God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."

Peace to you Dannie...
Nancy

Jennifer said...

I really enjoy your blog! I can't remember how I found it, but I enjoy your photos and your fun take on life.

Favorite post: The one with photos of the Waldorf doll. My girls and I scrolled thru those several times.

Jennifer

liveoakhome.blogspot.com

Beanball said...

Wow, mamapua........... you have all sorts of readers! Cyberspace! An amazing thing!