Saturday, January 31, 2009

Guest Blogger..in Yokohama









In the eight stories of heaven (electronic store) I saw these strange massage chairs. Or are they? They are the newest thing in Japanese fitness....horseback riding machines. Japanese like electronic things, me too, but you won't see me getting saddle sores to lose my gut. This store is so big, I find something cool every time I go there.

After we had "tried" to quench our thirst for technology, we had to take care of something more important...dinner! The job of destroying a hunger created by greed, is only possible through, you guessed it….Cow Flesh! The fellow I was with had found this place by accident, so we had to get lost to find it again. Phil said some places looked familiar, and Bam! We were there.





We had a good appetizer, but umm, I forgot to take a picture. As you can see they have, um, nice plates too.
Steak tar tar on grass!
Ginger Ale!

Then it came, steak and rice!

Little medallions of steak. It was like winning the fat kid's Lottery. Underneath, was a soy/teriyaki/maybe plum sauce over the rice, but not too much to take away from this steak dish.

It was oishi!

(delicious in Japanese, I say that alot here in Nippon)



This is the whole cook staff, one warrior fighting the good fight. Awesome place, when any of you come to visit you will see this guy again, in the flesh (and you will be able to figure out why I am taking his picture).

If you know anything about Hawaii, you will know Japanese tourists take pictures of everything.

Now, I'm that guy, with a camera!

5 comments:

MissNonaEleanor said...

Horseback riding mashines? Are you serious? Wow. lol.

~Nona

Nancy said...

"a hunger created by greed"? Are you coveting the things you see in the 8 story electronics store? Feed your spirit, babe! :o)

Anonymous said...

eight stories of walking creates a hunger too. Like the great philosopher Sonny (from Sonny and Cher)sang,"I've you babe". I gots it all, and sa moha.

Beanball said...

Great post! So glad you finally remembered to pull that little camera out of your pocket half way through the meal! Keeping that electronic greed under control would be very trying for me in an 8-story elctronic store, too.... shoot, I can hardly read through the ad section in the Sunday paper without finding a few things that i just MUST have.... fortunately, since there is so much I want, I tend to get overwhelmed and buy nada. Remember Timothy's warning to 'flee' from our lusts ;-)

Anonymous said...

When you said you had to go "feed the hunger created by greed", I thought you were going to take us to a Japanese house of worship! LOL
Your pictures are great and so is your post. I only wish we could come visit. Love your mother-in-law