Friday, November 14, 2008

On my knittin' needles.....

Those who know me well, know that the only reason I ever picked up a pair of knitting needles in the first place was to learn to knit myself, and maybe some lucky loved ones, a pair of socks. Well, I've been knitting hats, scarves, and wash clothes for two years now. I've decided it's time to move up on the list of beginners knitting projects. I recently got my hands on a set of 5 double-pointed needles. This is big folks.


Learning how to cast on and knit in the round (with 5! double-pointed needles) is a very necessary first step in the sock making process. Miss M., has been my gentle teacher. So, I think it is only fair that she should be the recipient of my first, humble, project of knitting in the round. And, I do believe I may have come up with an entirely new fashion craze.




The toe cosy! :o)

6 comments:

Beanball said...

Looks like it takes a ton of coordination! Not for me, that is for sure! Goo luck in your pursuit of the ROUND! Cute toe cosey........ maybe one in rainbow colors next?

Scott said...

I'll take ten please. With my initials on the two big-toe coseys.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!
Oh, and can you please e-mail me your snail mail address?

Anonymous said...

Can you make one for my nosey? It's cold here.

Nancy said...

Bethanyj...I don't have your e-mail address....:O(

Anonymous said...

Here you are: harmon10_86@hotmail.com

thanks!

PS I'm just now making the pumpkin scones - except this time I substituted egg nog for the half and half in the scones, and egg nog for the milk in the glazes....so far so good! :)