The point I'm trying to make here is that school starts tomorrow, and I'm trying to get my house organized for the "great confinement." That time from when it starts raining in the fall until July 5th when I can send the kids outdoors again. Fall cleaning is a bigger issue for me than spring cleaning....and I've run out of time. While I was cleaning my room, it dawned on me that I didn't sneak back to bed once this summer. Maybe it's a psychological thing....not wanting to teach math facts or how to diagram a sentence or something like that. But this morning I began to feel the magnetic pull my bed has on me....it just wouldn't..let...me...go.....
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Sweet Dreamy Dreamland....
"O BED! O BED! DELICIOUS BED. THAT HEAVEN UPON EARTH TO THE WEARY HEAD." ~ Thomas Hood
This is my most favorite place in all the world...my bed. It's warm. Cozy. Delicious. And if I don't make it each day I will try to sneak back into it when my children aren't looking.
Here is my broken tea cup collection. They are still very pretty, no? My great grandfather collected them for my great grandmother.
Here is a hat I bought from a thrift store. It is pretty....and it matched the shabby chic duvet cover on my bed....so I bought it. For a quarter.
Here are the book cases that I moved from the family room into my room yesterday. At first I didn't think I would like having them in there...to crowded and all that. But, then I saw the book that has inspired my style of home decorating more than any other....The Brambly Hedge series by Jill Barklem.
Here is Scott's stuff. I wanted to say crap, but that's not nice. So here is Scott's stuff. He hasn't unpacked yet.
The point I'm trying to make here is that school starts tomorrow, and I'm trying to get my house organized for the "great confinement." That time from when it starts raining in the fall until July 5th when I can send the kids outdoors again. Fall cleaning is a bigger issue for me than spring cleaning....and I've run out of time. While I was cleaning my room, it dawned on me that I didn't sneak back to bed once this summer. Maybe it's a psychological thing....not wanting to teach math facts or how to diagram a sentence or something like that. But this morning I began to feel the magnetic pull my bed has on me....it just wouldn't..let...me...go.....
The point I'm trying to make here is that school starts tomorrow, and I'm trying to get my house organized for the "great confinement." That time from when it starts raining in the fall until July 5th when I can send the kids outdoors again. Fall cleaning is a bigger issue for me than spring cleaning....and I've run out of time. While I was cleaning my room, it dawned on me that I didn't sneak back to bed once this summer. Maybe it's a psychological thing....not wanting to teach math facts or how to diagram a sentence or something like that. But this morning I began to feel the magnetic pull my bed has on me....it just wouldn't..let...me...go.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
That is so funny, I know what you mean. I love to come and read your blog! I hope you all enjoy your first days back to school!
Jenny
last day of freedom today......... best enjoy it :-)
Now that my children are older, I moved all my beloved children's books into my room on a shelf by the bed. I love to just lay and read the titles, they bring back lots of good memories. Great choice.
Anyway, enjoy your fall days. :)
Barb-Harmony Art Mom
Jenny ~ Hello!! I soo happy that you can understand my plight! Thanks for the encouragment. :o)
Beanball ~ I spent my lastday of freedom in the dental office, Wal-Mart and Costco! :o(
barb-harmony art mom ~ yes, I have saved the picture books that my children loved most and tossed the rest. Now I'm wondering what to do with curriculum we've out grown...pass it on or save it for the grandkids tha may come along 20 years from now! :o)
Post a Comment