Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Honey Graham Crackers...they're good




Honey Graham Crackers:
1 1/4 c flour
1 1/4 c whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 c brown sugar

1/2 c butter
2 T honey
2 T molasses
1/3 c coconut milk
1/2 tsp coconut extract

Preheat oven to 350. Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Warm butter, honey, coconut milk and molasses in a pan. Add extract. Pour milk mix into flour-combine to form a ball. Pour out onto floured surface. Divide dough in half. Roll to 1/8 thickness. Cut with round or square cookie cutter and bake 10 min.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me?! Those look incredibly delicious! You come across the coolest recipes!

Nancy said...

thanks Bethanyj! Are you home now?

Nancy said...

oh ya, you're the coconut fiend...try them...you can really taste the coconut.

Anonymous said...

mmm, coconut... :)
I am in Spokane working at a Crisis Residential Center for 13-17 year olds - most of them are either in forster care or have run away from home. The point of my job is mostly family reconciliation and helping the teens build communication and anger management skills. I'm learning a lot and enjoying the job! I've been there for almost two months, so I know the other staff well by now and that is fun! In a couple weeks I'll also start helping teach and grade a senior class at Whitworth that I loved last fall, so I'm excited about that, too.

Nancy said...

wow, Beth you are busy. how your plans for the peace corp coming?

Anonymous said...

I've been "approved for service" and am waiting to hear if there is actually a placement for me to go to now. So once again, I'm waiting, waiting, waiting....Hopefully I'll hear within the next month or so about whether or not I'm heading out in January.