~Alfred Austin
How about feet in the dirt? I usually garden in my flip-flops. I prefer it that way. Occasionally, a worm falls between my toes. You should try it. :o)
Here is the zucchini. Normally, I would be feeding my family all kinds of zucchini dishes and desserts. Fried zucchini, chocolate zucchini cake, butterscotch zucchini bread, zucchini pasta, grilled zucchini, zucchini relish, zucchini fritters, and they'd be sick of it by this time. But not this year. I don't think I'm going to get a single zucchini. That's too bad. I may still post my most favorite zucchini recipe ever. I'll have to buy zucchini though. How embarrassing. :o)
Today, I cut down the mint. I began to strip the leaves from the stems to dry for tea. It is going to be a time consuming job, but a fragrant one. My hands still smell like mint. I have parsley to dry as well. I think picking mint and parsley leaves is a excellent job for children. And since I don't want to deny them the pleasure of good and honest work, I will save some for them to do when they return from camp. :o)




2 comments:
We only had *two* zucchini this year....hardly enough to satisfy this family. I was thinking it was bad seed but I don't really know what happened in our garden.
I always garden in flip flops too. I just hose down my feet when I get done squishing around in the dirt.
Barb-Harmony Art Mom
PS I worked on my dried lavender this week...now that is a heavenly smell on your hands.
wha twilll you do with your lavender?
Post a Comment