We have come down with sore throats and runny noses. No fun when all you really want to do is play outside. Then I remembered to pull down my copy of Herbal Antibiotics from the bookshelf. I found the following recipe calling for sage. Perfect! I have tons of fresh sage right now ready for the pickin'.
The Best Cold and Flu Tea
2 teaspoons sage
Juice of one lemon (or 1 tsp lemon balm herb)
Pinch cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon honey
Pour 1 cup boiling water over sage and allow to steep for ten minutes. Strain out herbs add remaining ingredients, and drink hot.
Ah, very soothing. The oils from the sage and the warmth of the cayenne are just the thing we needed.




4 comments:
Ahhh, hope you get to feelin' better soon.
Oh yeah, we're feeling better already. Ü
Oh noes. I've got the sniffles too. Hope you're all feeling better than me. :P Well, guess I finally get to use some sick time. Hmmm, first I have to figure out who my doctor is though...
Hey! It's Auntie Amy! I miss you Amy. :o) I hope you feel better soon....try this tea it really does help.
Post a Comment