Thursday, July 31, 2008

Because of Insomnia

Last night I couldn't sleep. I hate it when I can't sleep. But I hate it even more to lay in bed and become mad because I can't sleep. So, I got up and went out to the flamily room and read a book I picked up from the library. 'Beachcombing and Camping along the Northwest Coast...How to Identify Driftwood, Find: Floats-Campsites-Agates-Intertidal Animals, and What to do on a Rainy Day.' Wow. I was tired again after just reading the title.

The book is old (for our library system, 1978 copy write) and full of black and white photos. Kinda lame, but I couldn't sleep and so I pushed on through it, finishing the book by 5 a.m. and then crawled back to bed. The author mentions Ocean Shores quite a few times and my mind soon began to travel back in time to the years 1976-77. My mom and I lived in Ocean Shores then and that is where I attended kindergarten. I have some good and some bizarre memories of Ocean Shores.

Here is my kindergarten class picture. Can you find me? Yep, I'm the one sticking my tongue out. The camera man said to.

Here is my jr. high report card. It has nothing to do with living in Ocean Shores or beachcombing, but I thought I'd throw it in here anyway. I hope you can read it. Yeah, so what if I got a C+ in P.E. and a D in Math. I got an A in Arts and Crafts!

3 comments:

micaela jean said...

Oh, you were such a problem child! Lacks initiative and wastes time!!! And then there's that tongue!

Anonymous said...

Oh, you were sooo adorable!!! I see you were carrying a purse and wearing a ring. Such a lady, even in your early days. cute, cute, cute

Nancy said...

ya, a real rascal...:o)