Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My Love for the Scotty Dog

I adore my Scotty Dawg. We will be celebrating our 20th in April. Woot Woot! But my newest or current obsession is with the Scotty Dog. I picked up some adorable iron-on transfers at Ben Franklin.

Not one doggy but two! See how mischievous they are? They're getting into the sewing basket. There are seven transfers...one for each day of the week. I'm making a pillow to put on the dawg basket. (My bed)

And look at this sweet little glass found at the Goodwill. So cute and vintagey. Why would anyone want to get rid of it??!

At .49 cents each I bought the set of three that was there. World Market had iron Scotty Dog doorstops I in November, and when I went back in December and they were all gone. Boo hoo. I guess someone else is in love too.

5 comments:

Gina said...

What is it with little scotties..they always win over my heart too.
I love the embroidery & glass. Great find.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Those are really cute, I may have to look for some too! Thanks for coming by and your sweet comments!
Cindy

Beth said...

They're sure cute! And I'm always so impressed with your embroidery! It is NOT my forte...

I think I mostly like Scotty Dogs because I have a Scott dawg, too...

We have a few very old Christmas ornaments that are Scotties, and Gideon ALWAYS goes for those!

Nancy said...

Gina and Cindy, thank you both for leaving a note. It's fun to meet others with similar likes isn't it?:o)

~ The Jolly Bee ~ said...

I love your Scottie dog stitchery. And what an amazing find those glasses were! Makes me want to run to the thrift store and see what I can unearth.