On my tree are fifty-eight salt dough stars, hung with raffia, made seven Christmases ago by Zach, Miss. M, and myself. It was a cold and sunny day very much like today. We sat at our dinning table and searched the Bible looking for the many names given to Jesus. In the Old Testament and New. We then made the ornaments using a salt dough recipe and three different sized star shaped cookie cutters. These are very sweet memories for me. And I can not tell you how encouraged I feel as we take turns reading a star as it is hung on the tree. Some years I am "just not into" Christmas, but as I read the names of Chirst the hope and promise that is held in each one reminds me of what it is truly all about.













So be encouraged friends. It's not about deadlines, crowds, best deals, new recipes, parties and all the other possible trappings. It's when we remember the Beloved, Lamb of God, the Word come in the flesh, our Friend and Messiah, the Lamb that was Slain, so that we may have eternal life forever with Him. You can find the many wonderful names of Jesus here if you'd like to make your own. :o)




3 comments:
That is a great idea!
What a beautiful tree...you guys did a wonderful job decorating it.
Special...this is a warm and inspiring post. Thank-you.
Post a Comment