Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Cranberry Jalapeno Jam Anyone?

Finely chop 7 cups fresh cranberries.

Do the same to 1-2 jalapenos. I used one and half of another.

Add 1 1/2 cups water and 1 tsp. fennel seeds, plus 2 cups sugar. Bring to a boil and then simmer for maybe 20 min.

When it looks like jam, bottle it up. This ought to spice up those turkey sandwiches we'll all be eating soon.! :O)

6 comments:

Beth said...

I wasn't sure what to do with it...until you mentioned turkey sandwiches! Yum!

You're on a blogging roll;)

Anonymous said...

That looks really good Nancy!

lauraelizabeth4@outlook.com said...

I would never EVER consider making this jam ~ but now I'm going to be all jealous eating my leftover turkey sandwiches without it. :) You are so clever.

Nancy said...

Laura, I'll bring you a jar.:O)

Shirley said...

HAve you tasted it? Is it really good? Should I make some?

Nancy said...

Next time I think I'd use half the fennel seeds and twice the jalapeno....it is very good, but was expecting it to be a bit spicer!