
This year I planted a 'lemon garden'. It has:
- Lemon verbena
- Lemon balm
- Lemon basil
- Lemon thyme
- and Lemon cucumbers
I wish I had a Meyer lemon tree, but I am happy, for now, with my lemony herbs.
Lemon Balm ~ Upon consumption, for a brief period of time the eater will think and feel as he did in his youth. Please note if you have any former hellions at your table before serving. A time traveler flower. ~ Garden Spells
Lemon Balm Shortbread
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
3 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 splash vanilla
1 cup fresh Lemon Balm leaves, chopped
Preheat oven to 325
In large bowl with, a wooden spoon, stir together butter and sugar until they make a graint paste. Stir in flour and baking powder. Add beaten eggs and vanilla. Combine well, use your hands to knead dough if necessary. Sprinkle in most of Lemon Balm and mix until well incorporated.
Turn onto a floured surface and roll until just shy a 1/2 inch thick. Lightly press remaining lemon balm onto top of dough. Place on baking sheet and bake for15 minutes or until it gegins to turn golden brown at the edges.
Remove from oven, cool, and cut into shapes using your favorite cookie cutters. Dust with powdered sugar. Serve at room temperature.




2 comments:
Sounds interesting and pretty. How does it taste?
I love that quote!
Post a Comment