Monday, June 15, 2009

The Countdown to Summer Vacation Starts Now!

Ye haw! Only five more days of school left. I'm every bit as excited now, as when I was school girl. :o)

It's been a great year. The kids have learned and tried and succeeded and failed and grown by leaps and bounds. Zach is finishing his Jr. year, and his first year attending high school and a tech school. He has earned a 4.00 grade average and was Student of the Month for May at North Mason High School. And he has gotten his drivers licence. Way to go Zach!

Micaela has conquered algebra and developed a love for poetry, baking, sewing and of course art. Next year she will be a Freshman. Where does the time go? She'll be taking geometry and art at the high school. She also plans to got out for track and join a duo interpretations team.

Owen has finished the 4th grade. He excels at math and loves all thing relating to history and science. He is progressing in reading but is still struggling. I have been down this road before, so I'm trying not to panic. I'm thinking of hiring a reading tutor for the summer. O'dog wants to take up the trumpet and will be joining the fifth grade band at the local school. Oh, boy!

Miss. Livi will be a third grader in the fall! Yeah! She has done most excellently in all her subjects and is well on her way to becoming a certified bookworm. She loves to read and she loves drawing.

I'm looking forward to attending the homeschool fair this Friday. It is always an enjoyable time to look at books and supplies and to be inspired for the coming year. And then I'll relax and unwind and read and dream and plan and be free!

"No more pencils, no more books. No more teachers dirty looks!"

8 comments:

Shirley said...

4.0 GPA !!! Way to go, Zach :-)

Scott said...

I was hoping the duo interpretations had to do with interpretive dancing. I can't get enough of that stuff.

Anonymous said...

I'm sad I won't get to go to the homeschool fair. Here's a random question that I've been thinking about asking you. Have you ever used Saxon Math?

Anonymous said...

Yipeee! Isn't summer break great!
Today was our first day and I started it off by sleeping in. ;)

Nancy said...

Michelle, will you be at the fair on Friday?

micaela jean said...

Sorry, Uncle Scott, duos are kinda like interpretive dance, but with more rules.

Michelle said...

I sure will... it would be great to see you!

Shirley said...

The duo interpretation sounds really fun! Never heard of it before.......