Monday, April 13, 2009

Taiko Drum Matsuri and Kamakura Matsuri

Minus the really Japanese guy in the front, these are
some people I work with in the shipyard. I mentioned
I would like to see the Taiko Drum Matsuri (festival) and one
person told another and bam...I'm leading a tour.
To a place I have never been.
As you can see on my tours you have to wear your uniforms.
(alot of Japanese stopped us to take pictures)
The lady behind me made sure I knew this was just for pictures.
She told me, no hitting the Drum.
A little snack, Unagi(eel). A nail in the head of a live eel, skinned,
de-skeletoned, and put on a BBQ stick....mmmmgood.
No, I didn't try one, I had Manapua w/pork and mushrooms.

cool thingies
in Naritasan, Shosinjo Temple , where the
Drum Festival was.

cool Taiko drum fan.
Head band says Icihiban...Number one.

Short guy. Have brick will travel.

The big show for the weekend was the torchlight concert.
Very cool!

Kamakura Matsuri


This lady was dancing for the Festival....a lot of people.

Just a cool picture with my Ghostbuster's camera.
I don't know how this happened.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

I love it! Good job honey...you've always been a great tour guide. :O)

Nancy said...

Happy Anniversary, by the way. It's already the 14th there! You're married 19 years today....I will be tomorrow. Ha!

XXOOxxOO

Scott said...

You sure seem to have some sort of innate sense about finding obscure festivals...was the dancing as good there as it was at the Highland Games/Birkenstock/Body Hair Festival?

Miss M said...

Nice post Dad! Love the picture of you with the headband! Priceless! :)

Ryan said...

I'm a little shocked you didn't try the eel.....