Monday, February 16, 2009

Monday's Musings

First off, Happy Monday to ya all! I love having a Monday free from the usual obligations...just doesn't feel like a Monday does it?....it feels much better. For those of you that have to work today, I'm truly sorry.

Second of all, I wish I was in Hawaii with all my favorite people in the world. Wouldn't that be fun? This time last year I was busily sewing the girls and myself skirts, shopping for swimsuits (which was nearly impossible...next time I'll wait and shop when I get there), arranging for a house sitter, etc....

Third, I thought I'd share what I plan to do today. Nothing extraordinary, but it doesn't include long division or spelling rules. So ha!

1. Spend time in prayer...wow, that feels good. If I accomplish nothing else today I won't mind so much.

2. Clean out Owens cave..er...I mean his room. I think I'll need a bio hazard suit and a bulldozer, but I shall prevail!

3. Go thrift shopping with my pal, Conti. She loves treasure hunting as much as I do.

4. Settle in with some good books...gardening books to be exact....I'll share more about that later if any are interested.

5. That's it. Those are my big plans.

Cheerio my friends!

5 comments:

Shirley said...

Sounds wonderful! I was one of those that worked today (at time and a half), but Miss M got up and worked on school a bit before going out with the Aunt and Uncles for the day :0) I don't work any more days while she is here, but was hard to pass time and a half up! We are so happy to have her with us!

Beth said...

I hope you were able to accomplish lots of your goals! Especially the thrifting and reading...

Our best laid plans didn't exactly work out...but we had fun being together today!

Ryan said...

I wish I was in Hawaii right now too...... Instead we spent a busy day with your daughter not doing the things we set out to do....fun spending time together though...

Anonymous said...

I with you all on the Hawaii thing. It kindof feels like Waikiki over here...except for the lack of Malasadas...Ryan you can still come over...I guess I am coming back May 1st.

Anonymous said...

Hawaii...yes......