Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Glorious Indeed!

"Sunshine is my quest." ~Winston Churchill
Look what I awoke to this morning. No. Not the messy kitchen. That's a daily thing. Check out the golden sunlight, man.

Don't judge me. A messy home is a happy home. And when the sun makes an appearance I am drawn outdoors.

Oh, how sweetly there birds were singing. Oh, how lovely the frigid 32 degree air smelled. Oh, how my little heart thrilled with the thought of spring arriving in just six short weeks. Oh, how chatty I am without the Mr. around to take the brunt of it. Sorry.

I love the layers. The sun, the Olympics, the fog, the tree line, the waters of the Pudget, my backyard.

Oh dear, is that bird house really planted that crooked?

"Excuse me Mr. Fir, but which way to the sun? Oh, that way. Thank you."

Tree silhouettes. The object of this weeks nature walk.

Look! Even the mole hills look better in the golden sunlight. I plan to go to war with those moles soon, but that's an other post for another day. :o)

9 comments:

Beanball said...

You must have arose later than usual, if the sun was already pokin' its nose into your windows ;-)

Great photos! But if that is the Olympics in yout background, then wouldn't this be the sunSET?

Next time we are at your house, I want to see this view point...... I have never noticed it before.....very nice!

Nancy said...

oops! You're right! They are the Cascades...that's what I ment to say. :o0

Beanball said...

Soooo..... would it be alright if I share your glorious layered Cascade sunrise photo with my blog reader's if I give the credit to you? I think you could easily win a contest with that one! Seriously!

Nancy said...

he he he....sure :o)

Beth said...

I love the sun! Very fun post! Especially the fir tree pointing the way...

Anonymous said...

I never thot to ask my firs for direction but ....I think I will.

Excuse Mr. Fir, do you know where my kitty, Pearl, is hiding?

Lea said...

Sage and I love reading your families blog. So fun, funny and interesting. Thank you for sharing your family with us!
Lea

Lea said...

Sage and I love reading your families blog. So fun, funny and interesting. Thank you for sharing your family with us!
Lea

Barb said...

I love the fir pointing photo...made me giggle.

Great post.
Barb-Harmony Art mom