Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Then Sings my Soul......

Scott recently cleaned out the garage. That was an answer to prayer. Our garage had become a sore spot with me. I hated to go out there.

There were boxes and boxes of important stuff, such as school curriculum not in use (purple boxes) and Christmas decorations (green boxes).

But mostly, there was also a lot of useless junk taking up valuable space.

It was Scotty's idea to clean out the place. I was there to cheer him on. I told my dear hubby to be merciless. I told him to show that crap out there who's boss.

I asked him to do a few loads of laundry while he was at it.

Surprisingly enough, the tidiest thing in the garage was the shoe shelf. Go figure. Those shoes belong to my children.

The only thing completely "off limits" was my mummified chicken. He was given strict orders not to touch it. I had to tell him that. He tried to give my mummy away once as a white elephant gift at a Christmas party.

After several hours of arduous work, the garage looked beautiful. King Cluck is still proudly displayed on the file cabinet. And my laundry is still there too. Ü

4 comments:

Beanball said...

oh man, I wish the Big D. would read this post. The Garage is ALWAYS a big source of contention in our marriage. He worked on it last Sat. UNTIL I had to leave after lunch. That is the signal for all others to stop working. Wish it worked the other way around, too! I'm gonna take a match to it soon :-O

MissNonaEleanor said...

What? You mean ya'll weren't having a garage sale? *grins*

Is that mummified chicken real?

~Nona

Anonymous said...

King Cluck? I hope tomorrow's blog tells us his background and who he is or was.

Nancy said...

King Cluck was a homeschooling project done when Zach and Micaela were little... when we studied the Ancient Egyptians.....he is very real and very much a mummy. He is at leat 7 or 8 years old now. Ü