Saturday, June 21, 2008

Getting frugal...

When you haven't been home for nearly 4 months you have to get some groceries...a lot of groceries...and boy, I can't believe the cost of food these days!

Yes, I have a small garden to help supplement our diet with healthy, fresh, organic produce, but to really make a difference in our food bill, I fear we may have to till our entire front lawn under. What would the association think of that I wonder?

I'm thinking it will take some creativity and meal stretching (no waste) to help counteract the high cost of food and fuel. Mrs. Santos' '1 Chicken 4 Meals' post was helpful. I'm going to see how far I can stretch a 4 lb. beef roast. Have any suggestions for me?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In response to the cost of food, I have three words: rice and beans.

Anonymous said...

okay...send me some of your best recipes.....I'm all for beans! 'America Needs the Gas!'....that's a bumper sticker slogan from the '70's....

Anonymous said...

Buy chickens? Actually I've thought about this. As for the gas problem....sled dogs maybe?