Wednesday, June 4, 2008

This is the way we wash the clothes.....early Wednesday morning......

There is always laundry to be done. Whether here or there, there is always laundry to be done. I like having the washer and dryer outside. It keeps the house much cooler than being in the kitchen. However, I have to get used to the geckos darting about. See the avocados ripening?

Do you use a clothes line? I do. Not just in Hawaii either. Scott set up a retractable clothes line for me the summer we moved into our home. It's great.


Of course, I'm not able to use it year round like I would here. But that's okay. Using the clothes line is one of those seasonal things that I look forward too. Like, no school.

You can't beat the fresh, clean smell of line-dried clothing....especially tropically line-dried clothing. Mmmm...is that a hint of plumeria? Ooh,ouch, eeh, or the abrasiveness of the towels that have become stiff!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful blue sky! the kids say next time you live in Hawaii they'd like to come with their tent and camp out in your back yard if you're in a house.
Have you met your neighbors yet?

Nancy said...

why, yes we have...very nice people on both sides. One family is an air force fam with small children. The other has boys zach and Owens age.

Anonymous said...

We have an outdoor washer and dryer here in San Diego. I thought it was a little silly, but that's a good point about the heat. We just got here so I haven't even used it yet. Better go try that out!