Friday, June 27, 2008

Strawberry Fizzies Anyone?

Miss. M. made Strawberry Fizzies for her siblings and me. We all agreed that they are a perfect summer afternoon refreshment. The recipe Miss. M. used came from the 'Redwall' series cookbook. I enjoy collecting children's literature cookbooks, and I'll share more about that in another postcard.

Strawberry Fizzies

Strawberry ice cream
mashed strawberries
little sugar
soda water


First crush or mash your berries with a potato masher...leave some chunks of berries...sprinkle with 2-4 tsp. sugar. Spoon strawberry ice cream into glasses. Spoon berries over top and around ice cream. Pour soda water over all and serve with a sundae spoon. I suggested that next time we should try it with Big Red....or any other strawberry flavored soda. That would make it especially delicious. Ü

2 comments:

Raphania said...

Hmmm, looks yummy. Another suggestion... cream soda. Or RED cream soda. Nom, nom, nom!

Nancy said...

We tried them again but with strawberry soda....we will be having them on the $th of July! It tasted so much better with strawberry soda than the plsin club soda. :o)