Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Mother By Any Other Name........


Mamapua....the term of endearment given to me by my sweet little O'dog. I must remind him of his favorite Hawaiian food, the manapua. It is a fitting name really....a "pork filled bun" or "pork cake"....because that's about how I feel these days.

Spumommy....an affectionate name I bare, given to me by another one of my dear children. Spumoni.... "made with layers of different colors and flavors, usually containing candied fruits and nuts." What are they trying to tell me? Is this a reference to my to intelligence, wit and charm? Or, do they think I'm just a bit nutty?

Da mama....said in the most exaggerated Italian accent possible. Used generally when they want something.

Mumzy....is that like "the last Mimzy?"... a cute little stuffed rabbit from outer-space? I'm finding a pattern here.

Well, whatever my children call me, it all translates to love in my ears! Happy Mother's Day to all the moms that read these silly little postcards. And a big, "I love you" to the moms in my life...:o)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, it's all that culture and those wonderful tastes that you guys are exposing them too...they can't help but form these fun and creative little personalities. I love beings around your kids!

Anonymous said...

and....you're one of the best mothers out there - You definitely inspire me! You've got love and creativity oozing out your poors.

Anonymous said...

some days we use your blog as our radio... just poppin'in again for some tunes ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks my friend for your kindness and friendship...listen away...:O)

Anonymous said...

loving nicknames assigned by the tender hearts and little mouths of beloved shoties are always the best

~Noelle