Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Hard Days Work?

A couple of weekends ago Zach and I went and helped my Auntie Kelly at a sample sale. My aunt's friend, Wade, is a rep. for the surf/skate brand O'Neill. About every two or three months Wade gets together with other brands to sell their samples from the previous season at ridiculously low prices. Auntie Kelly always goes and helps Wade and since we were available to help, Auntie Kelly volunteered Zach, herself, and I.

First of all before the sale opened to the public we got to pick out what ever we wanted as our payment. I got a swimsuit cover up, a rash guard, and a wallet. I also picked out a shirt for Olivia and a beach bag for Mom.

Once the sale opened the people came pouring in by the thousands. Just kidding. But there were a lot of people! The shoppers were grabbing things like crazy. A certain woman and her three teen daughters stand out in my mind. They were grabbing things quicker than they could decide if they actually liked it or not. I watched them in wonder as they payed for five bags, two belts, four dresses, and all the other loot they snatched.

After the beginning mad rush business was very slow. Almost no one was coming in after 11:00 and we had to work till 2pm. Once it turned 1:00 we decided (not that I was very much involved in the decision. In fact I wasn't at all.) that is was time to close up shop. We packed up boxes and taped them shut. We then packed the boxes in a trailer. That's mostly when we earned our payment.

Zach and I had a really good time working with Auntie Kelly and Wade. We had a even better time wearing our wages!:)


By,
Miss M.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

It was easier then yard work!

Zach

Anonymous said...

I miss my little work helpers! My house needs a cleaning and my yard needs Zach!! By the time you get home Zach it will be knee high!! Miss M, I enjoyed reading your post. Love Nana

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post Mic. I enjoyed it.

Raphania said...

I think you should post pictures of the loot.