Try saying that ten times fast!
We stopped along the way to swim and appreciate the glorious handiwork of our Creator. Here we are at Lanikai, one of the many beautiful beaches in Kailua. If you have been practicing your Hawaiian vowels sounds you should be able to read these names no problem!
Want to play "name this island?" It has a name already. And a good name too. Can you guess by looking at it what this island is called? Whoever can guess the name I will send a can of chocolate covered macadamia nuts! Leave your guess in the comments section. Sorry Auntie Amy, but you can't play.
We continued our Beach Buggy Surf Safari around the island stopping at points of interest, fruit stands, and taking the occasional dip. Sharks Cove was our ultimate destination for a time of snorkeling in the tide pools and a picnic lunch on the grass. Here you see O'dog, Uncle Ryan and Miss. Livi.
Shorty found a sea urchin or wana'ina ula in Hawaiian.
Here she is holding a water wiener..that's what Scott called it. I believe it is actually a sea cucumber.
This is my foot. Under water. As I wiggled my toes. Sarah, this picture is for you. Actually, there are three pictures of me in this post. If you can find the third and final picture, I will send you a can of chocolate covered macs. Okay?
Here is a very popular shaved ice spot in a cute and historical little village on the North Shore. See how happy all these people are to have their picture taken by moi? No, seriously everywhere we went yesterday we were the cause of many a smile. People loved the buggies!
Uncle Ryan did too!




9 comments:
1. you are in the buggy, 2. you're foot in the water, 3. your glorious hand and camera in the side mirror! yum...do I take the prize????
oh and cute....are those Herbie's cousins?
I thought the foot was mine!! Guess who? I don't think that is your hand in the picture of O'Doggie and the mirror....looks to "fluffy". Is is Diamond Head??? Do I get some goodies???
Mother! By too "fluffy" I know that you mean fat! I think that's what you said my feet looked like , oh maybe 24 hours after Zach was born! Hahaha! I'm sorry, but no, it's not Diamondhead. And by the way, I thought my hands looked a little to fluffy too....they were(are still) swollen from the heat!
Michelle, you have to guess the name of the island to win. Your good with names....take a stab at!
Hey, someone answered before I got a chance. Not fair. I knew where they all were. And I don't think your hand looks fluffy. Greg is going to be so disappointed if he doesn't get those chocolate nuts. Just kidding. But he does deserve them...he just tried to chop his hand off. Seriously, he got 9 stitches. Thanks for the pictures by the way, but you know that's not what I was talking about. Try again.
Chinaman's Hat?
Very good Sarah!!! You won! Email me your address so I can mail 'em asap!!
Poor Greg...how did he injure himself...not chopping wood I hope?
Post a Comment